The Replacement Bestway Flowclear 58498E Sand Filter Pump 1500 GPH is a highly efficient and environmentally friendly way to keep clean water flowing through your above ground pool. It is a more cost effective solution as the pump uses silica sand instead of a traditional filter cartridge. While those cartridges need to be replaced every 2 weeks, silica sand lasts up to 3 years. The sand will trap dirt and debris, but a pre-filter strainer basket catches larger debris so that the pump will last longer. This product comes pre-assembled, and is compatible with most 300-11,200 gallon (1,100-42,300 L) above-ground pools, as it comes with an adapter for pool valves with an outer diameter of 1.5 in. Pump works with Polyshere Filtration Balls (sold separately). Pool NOT included. Pump includes hoses. Sand NOT included.
- Sand filter pump with a capacity of 1,500 gallons per hour with a top flange clamp that allows 360-degree rotation for a quick installation
- ChemConnect Dispenser that evenly disperses the stable level of chlorine needed for proper chemical balance
- Pre-filter strainer that catches larger particles to protect the pump impeller and ensures a longer life span
- Features a 110 to 120-volt pump with a GFCI plug for use with above-ground 300 to 11,200-gallon pools; Includes an adapter for pool valves with an outer diameter of 1.5 inches
- Required sand size: #20 silica sand, 0.45-0.85 mm, approximately 20 pounds (sand is not included)